Marketing & Sales Internship*
Northeast Nebraska Telephone Company – Summer 2019
Applicants must be current college students who will earn class credit for completing the internship or have an interest in building a resume.
Students must be available to work at least 20 hours per week and will be able to set his or her own schedule with some variation to the schedule
necessary for the position.
Marketing, communications, telecommunications or related major is preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel by company vehicle. Having a laptop is a plus.
Must have working knowledge of Microsoft based computer systems, including Microsoft Office. Must be responsible, detail-oriented, a self-starter, creative, enthusiastic and must work well with others. Ability to work independently is a must.
Duties include (but not limited to)
- Identifying potential customers in NNTC service areas using mapping system.
- Assist in marketing campaign strategy to target potential customers.
- Travel throughout northeast Nebraska to NNTC service areas, some overnights could be required.
- Door-to-door outreach in service areas representing NNTC.
- Help with community photo-taking and learning more about each service community.
- Assist in updatingcompany social media accounts(Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube).
- Assist with the continued development of upsells and grass roots marketing programs and promotions.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Contact / Apply for PositionTo apply, please send or email a cover letter and resume to: Northeast Nebraska Telephone Company
110 East Elk Street
P.O. Box 66
Jackson, NE 68743
*This is a paid internship with Northeast Nebraska Telephone Company with monetary bonus incentives also available.
Construction Workers perform routine maintenance activities in a variety of work environments. Construction Workers will also have to operate maintenance equipment and vehicles, these to include but not limited to plowing, boring, backhoe and skid-steer. CDL will be required. This is an entry-level position with no supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Construction experience preferred but not required.
- Willingness to learn construction skills on-site.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner to keep customer service commitment times.
- Contacting customers, external and/or internal may be required.
- Adapt in changes in the business to include advances in technology, new skills and new procedures.
- Must be able to climb various types of ladders, sit, bend, stoop, stand, and walk, occasionally over uneven terrain, for extended periods.
- Travel within the region and/or throughout the country will be required, this could require overnights stay.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.
- Test equipment and machinery to ensure it is in good working order.
- Clean up job site at end of day and ensure all equipment is properly secure for the night.
- Willingness to get CDL.
- Must pass an extensive background check and/or drug screening test.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to accept emergency call-outs as needed.
- Function as a team player with ability and willingness to train on the job with unfamiliar or new equipment as needed.
- Ability to achieve required certifications and to successfully complete and required training or coursework.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Position will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Preferred Duties, Experience and Responsibilities
- Any degree in Construction or construction orientated field.
- 3+ years in construction, preferably telecommunications.
- Experience in Plowing, boring or Heavy equipment.
- Any experience in fiber qualification and testing.